Have you got a poem in you?
Have your poem published online in our blog, and be in to win a book prize for 1st place.
Need some tips? Learn about writing poetry here or call in to your local library to borrow one of our many poetry books.
- The competition runs from 1st August to 21st August 2014
- Entries close at 3pm 21st August 2014
- No late entries will be accepted
- The winner will be announced on National Poetry Day 22 August 2014, on our blog site
- All entries must be typed and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed in at any branch of Tararua District Library
- All poems to be an original creation of the person submitting it, and must be previously unpublished
- Entries to be accompanied by the name, address and contact details of the submitter
- All poems to be in English
- The decision of the judges is final
- Open to all adult New Zealand residents – aged 18 and over
Award-winning poet Belinda Diepenheim has had her poetry published in various New Zealand and international magazines and ezines. Belinda won the prestigious 2013 Kathleen Grattan Prize for a Sequence of Poems for her Bitterness and Flax group of eighteen poems. Belinda will be joining at our Poetry Evening at the Woodville Library on 21 August.