What to do with bored kids (or adults)!
Did you know that library members can access World Book online from home? What is this, I hear you say. World Book is a suite of 9 databases which include all sorts of activities that will keep children (and yourselves) occupied for hours. Also great for homework help. Craft Corner provides instructions for activities for all ages – even patterns for knitting and the like ; Early World of Learning is great for primary age or younger and includes the “Print and Do” section. Kids database has an Activities option with lots of great ideas of things to do. Teenagers and adults are catered for also, with Discover and Info Finder databases being particularly useful and entertaining. There is also Academic and Reference Centre and Timelines.
So, how do you get into World Book?
1. Go to our online catalogue (click Search Catalogue on the right hand bar of blog) or via council website
2. Log in using your Username (library membership number under barcode of your card, B zero zero etc)
3. Enter your password.
- If you don’t have a password but you know the library has your email address, then click on Forgotten your password and a random one will be emailed to you, to get started with.
- If you can’t remember your password, click on Forgotten your Password and then check your email inbox
- If you enter your password, but the system says it’s expired and prompts you to change it, please use a new one that is between 7-13 characters long and does not include any symbols. (It will work immediately although not be accepted by e-Books NZLibs site until after 10am the next weekday).
4. On the right hand side of the screen, click on Access World Book. You should be redirected to a screen showing these 9 database choices. Click on any one of the icons to access.
(If you have any problems with it, we want to know so please email me at email@example.com – note that this is only monitored during weekday business hours)