Online Poetry Competition 2016 – get writing!
From 11 July to 22 August 2016, Tararua District Library is marking National Poetry Day with an online Poetry Competition. Open to all NZ residents aged 18 years and over.
Submit up to four of your own original unpublished poems to email@example.com. Up to two poems per entrant will be published online in our blog and maybe Facebook.
Prizes for the best two poems as judged by local author Muriel Cowan.
Need some tips? Learn about writing poetry here or call in to your local library to borrow one of our many poetry books.
Please read the rules:
- The competition runs 11 July 2016 to 22 August 2016, 5.30pm.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- The winner will be announced on ‘Phantom Billstickers’ National Poetry Day Friday 26th August 2016, on this blog and our Facebook page.
- All entries must be typed, in English, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed in at any branch of Tararua District Library. If emailed, they can be in the body of the email or via Microsoft Word or Publisher attachment.
- A maximum of four entries per person will be accepted; a maximum of two poems per person published online, as chosen by us.
- All poems to be an original creation of the person submitting it, and previously unpublished.
- Entries to be accompanied by the name, address and contact details of the submitter.
- Open to all adult New Zealand residents – aged 18 and over (except employees of Tararua District Council)
- Prizes awarded to the best two poems. Judges decision is final.
PS, if you search poems or poetry in the blog search bar, you’ll find the wonderful entries from last year to get your creative juices flowing.